Many parents have the ability to grant their children access to high quality education, tutoring, instructive video games, athletic coaching, and other great opportunities to help their teens become happy and successful adults.
Despite these advantages, many parents are not seeing the desired results in their children. Instead, parents are noticing their children experiencing low-self esteem and confidence levels that are negatively affecting their levels of motivation to live up to their full potential. A Teen Coach can provide guidance to young people that can make the difference between a negative and positive outcome for their future lives.
Life coaching for teenagers addresses issues such as:
1. Purpose: Everyone was born with a purpose in life. Unfortunately, many people live their entire lives without ever understanding this. Those who are in touch with their purpose in life are happier and more successful.
2. Values: Values are what is important to us. They guide our actions, direct our lives, and affect the decisions we make. The trick is to figure out who we are, what is important to us, and what kind of life we want to live. Unless we are aware of our values, we’ll likely behave in contradiction to what is important to us and how we would like to live our lives.
3. Habits: Habitual behaviour can be hard to identify because we are not always aware of our thoughts, feelings, and behaviours. A teen coach will help teens recognize the negative habits and guide them to replace them with good habits.
4. Lack of responsibility and accountability: Accepting responsibility for our actions gives us power and control over our life. Early exposure to the significance of responsibility and accountability teaches teens how their choices determine the results they experience. This knowledge empowers teens to shape their life in whatever way they want.
5. Limiting self-beliefs: Negative expectations will limit the level of success we achieve. We tend to alter our actions so that we behave consistently with our beliefs or expectations of ourselves. While teens are trying to figure out who they are, it is easy to adopt self-limiting beliefs about themselves based on what others think of them and the setbacks they experience. Teen coaches address this thought process and guide teens to replace self-limiting beliefs with self-empowering ones.
By learning these concepts, teens gain a sense of control over their lives leading to an increase in their self-esteem, confidence levels and their motivation to succeed.
The teenage years can and should be used as training ground for adult life. Positive habits developed during adolescence are likely to last into adulthood. Adolescence is an excellent time for youth to start thinking about their purpose and direction in life.